Start a High School Chapter
What are the Benefits of Starting a SkillsUSA New Mexico Chapter at my High School?
SkillsUSA New Mexico helps students excel by implementing an organizational framework rooted in three areas: personal, workplace and technical skills grounded in academics.
Our high school programming allows students to focus on career exploration, while also developing their self-esteem, leadership, and teamwork abilities. Additionally, starting a chapter at your school provides students with the opportunity to learn about local Career and Technical Education programs, and how this pathway will guide them towards a successful future. SkillsUSA New Mexico encourages students to participate in 2 competitive events (one leadership and one technical).
Exploratory Career and Technical Showcase
- After exploring various career clusters, students are given the opportunity to exhibit their journey towards mastering a particular skill. Each student will create a display board (a tri-fold science board) that illustrates the evolution of their project, and how it relates to applied learning & academics.
- Contact SkillsUSA New Mexico leadership team for contest guidelines.
Utilizing SkillsUSA Education Resources in your classroom and chapter meetings will help empower students to become world-class workers, leaders, and responsible American citizens. All resources are turnkey, allowing teachers to easily bring SkillsUSA into their classroom and/or after school programming.
What do schools that integrate SkillsUSA curricula offer you? Students become a well-rounded, well-trained college-and-career-ready student, who’s prepared to not just satisfy demands, but also exceed expectations.
The SkillsUSA Membership Hotline can take care of all of your membership questions. Call toll free 844-875-4557.
Use this Checklist to Start a SkillsUSA New Mexico Chapter at Your High School
- Connect with the SkillsUSA New Mexico leadership team for informational guides.
- Meet with your school administrator to request permission to start a new program and gain support for your SkillsUSA New Mexico chapter.
- Identify your Chapter Advisor and their position roles.
- Commit to hosting at least to chapter meetings a month.
- Select your first meeting date and build excitement and awareness throughout your school.
- Recruit and maintain a minimum of 8 student members.
- Create a login and register your chapter online at skillsusa-register.org.
- Contact SkillsUSA New Mexico to access education resources.
- Host your first chapter meeting.