CTE Day at the Roundhouse
Career Technical Education (CTE) Day at the Roundhouse gives students the chance to become more knowledgeable about the workings of their state government and meet and hear from state legislators. In addition, student leaders showcase their local chapters’ achievements and program successes.
The annual CTSO Day at the Roundhouse is going virtual. Together with the NM Association for Career and Technical Education (NMACTE) and Career Technical Leadership Project (CTLP), CTE and CTSOs will showcase their efforts during the entire month of February for Career and Technical Education Month. This month-long event will kick off with an advocacy training supporting members in communicating with elected officials and telling their CTSO story.
February 2 at 6:00 pm MST join your state officers as they teach about how to advocate for CTSOs.
Meeting ID: 886 2276 1187
For more information, please contact: Christine.Phipps@enmu.edu.
SkillsUSA Advocacy Website
- Reach out to members of Congress to share your view
- Locate contact information and set up a personal visit to Capitol Hill or to your statehouses
- Make your feelings known about issues like funding for CTE or the skills gap
- Invite your elected officials to state or local events
- Send a thank you to your policymakers