Career-Technical Education Day at the New Mexico Roundhouse
Career Technical Education (CTE) Day at the Roundhouse gives students the chance to become more knowledgeable about the workings of their state government and meet and hear from state legislators. In addition, student leaders showcase their local chapters’ achievements and program successes. In partnership with the New Mexico Association for Career and Technical Education & Career Technical Leadership Project, we are excited to provide this opportunity to students, which will be held during the 2024 legislative session on January 22, 2024. For more information, please contact Carol McAlister at [email protected].
Please find this Google Folder with CTE Day at the Roundhouse resources including talking points, how to find your elected officials and more!
SkillsUSA Advocacy Website
- Reach out to members of Congress to share your view
- Locate contact information and set up a personal visit to Capitol Hill or to your statehouses
- Make your feelings known about issues like funding for CTE or the skills gap
- Invite your elected officials to state or local events
- Send a thank you to your policymakers